Outdoor Patio TV

I have a lovely outside patio furniture set, but it looks so dull. What can I do to cheer up the area and create a wonderful outdoor room? A friend of mine suggested that accessorizing would be the way to go. Have you looked at what's available for outdoor spaces these days - where to start first? Okay then jumping right in!

Starting at the beginning, I have a nice teak wood patio furniture set and some cushions would help to make it more comfortable as well as provide some color. They are also easy to change if I get bored of them! I did look at the colors and styles available and one of the things that struck me was to consider whether I need them to be waterproof or not. The waterproof outdoor patio furniture cushions are made from plastic and aren't very comfortable, so I decided to buy outdoor patio furniture covers to keep everything nice. That also means that I can have the soft comfy cushions on the outside chairs without worrying about bringing them in every night, one. Step one done!

My friend said that an umbrella has one of the biggest impacts on a patio area as it is so eye catching when up. So did I need an umbrella? Well I could look at other options to provide some shade such as a shade cloth over the area, but I thought I would like to see the winter sun without a cover - I can always put the umbrella away in winter. So I found an umbrella in a matching shade to my cushions and was set.

Thinking about winter led me on to heating. If I can heat my patio area we will be able to use it for much more of the year. Did you know there are a variety of different ways to heat the outdoor space, from space heaters to chimeras and Roman fire tables. I had a look at chimeras, they come in many styles and can be used to heat and cook on (especially marshmallows).

Along with heating comes lighting-we could add some lighting to make the patio area a real outdoor room. If we used fairy lights we may not even have to add extra outdoor Christmas lights. Fairy lights twinkling add such a lovely atmosphere to a summer evening outside. We could also add candles or solar lighting, which has a nice effect when it comes on by its self as it gets dark.

There are many other accessories that can be added to your outside living space, such as sound system and outdoor splash proof TV to watch all the great sports and games, hammocks, rugs, insect repellants, plants and planter boxes.

Right now I think I'll just add a drink trolley and get myself a lovely cool drink and sit down in my outdoor patio area to watch the game!

David Streetman has an interest in things to do with the garden, especially relaxing on the patio. He hopes you enjoy his thoughts about patio related things. You can visit him at http://www.outdoorpatiofurnituretips.com